Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Weather and College Graduations


I'm enjoying my first day off shooting since May 3rd. Not that I'm out enjoying the nice weather today, but catching up processing images from the last few days. Recently I shot the graduation ceremonies at Aurora University (my third year doing theirs) and Wheaton College (my longest lasting 'gig'- since 1985). The weather looked dodgy for the Wheaton graduation on Sunday but the rain held off and some good pictures were taken. After shooting graduation in all kinds of weather, I've realized that pleasant sunny days aren't always the best. Wind brings out a special energy that sunshine doesn't. Grads holding down their caps while the wind whips at their gowns usually bring excitement and smiles to their faces.



A number of the Wheaton students have appeared for the last four in my pictures through their involvement in varsity sports. Kind of sad to see some of them go. Several women's soccer players had gone to the national championships (and won) three out of their four years at Wheaton. Andy Studebaker is headed to the NFL by way of the Philadelphia Eagles, but Kent Raymond, Wheaton's greatest hope for a national championship in men's basketball, and arguably the best player Wheaton's ever had, is coming back for a fifth year. Hopefully it'll mean another trip to the national finals for me again next March!

No comments: