Friday, May 16, 2008

Beautiful weather..... and stuck doing invoices

It's a beautiful day here. I shot some products for Prairie Arts this morning; some prototypes of art deco pottery that they just got in. There were only five pieces, and the pictures look deceptively simple, but the setup for a studio shoot always takes at least an hour.

This afternoon, all I did was business stuff- mainly invoices. You'd think it'd be a simple thing, but it's always a real chore- going back to figure out how long I spent on a job, travel times involved, rates for certain types of work, etc. One invoice can take 15-20 minutes! Oh well, they're mostly done now.

Now I need to figure out the best time for me to travel to England this summer. I go every year and shoot stock photos, but it's always hard to be gone for any length of time when clients need you for jobs. It's looking like late June will work out best.

No comments: