Thursday, April 3, 2008

Busy Week

It's been a busy week photographically. On Tuesday I learned that one of my images (see below) had been licensed by McCann-Erickson (a large, worldwide advertising agency) for a national ad campaign. Today I learned that the image of a field I shot in North Yorkshire in 2006 will be used in a series of Poland Spring (bottled water) ads starting this month.

Yesterday I spent the whole day on a hospital shoot in Joliet shooting for a nursing annual report. It was a long (ten hour) day but some of the candid images, shot without supplemental lights, came out great. It's kind of funny to watch the nurses scatter when they see a guy with a camera show up. It's hard to find any that are OK with being in a picture! We did one more shoot this morning, then I processed almost three dozen high resolution images this afternoon. I think it should be a nice recruiting piece for them.

On Sunday afternoon, I cracked the LCD screen on the back of my new camera. I've got some big  full day shoots lined up so I wanted to get it repaired ASAP. I overnighted it to California on Monday, and got it back today (Thursday). As a CPS (Canon Professional Services) member, they did it at no charge. Nice service, and quick. Still, for a $4500 camera, it's nice to know they will replace it for free!

No comments: